Sunday 26 August 2018

Two Spins of the Tzolkin

Laurence was clear that it takes only two spins of the Tzolkin (that is, 520 days, or two cycles of the 260-day Mayan Sacred Calendar, the calendrical system that lies at the heart of at least 17 interlocking calendars used by the ancient Maya) before the energy and texture of the days are encoded into your own energy field. 
 


‘It will take a few cycles to fully tune in, but you will feel it after only about two cycles – and then you have rare access to the soul realm. The key to learning any subject is to connect to nature and to the cycles of reality, to observe life and – yes, indeed – to feed the mind with information, but then to hand it over to your soul. Give it to the unconscious.’

He noted that the ‘process is especially powerful if you draw the glyphs each day and do some free association with the signs as part of your daily journaling’. 

He also maintained that ‘the Sacred 260-day calendar we follow here is an aid to consciously connecting to the potentials that are seeking manifestation through you. Such things as shamanic healing, or ceremonially planting intention into your unconscious (another way of saying planting a seed idea in the subtle mental body), are stepped down from mental to emotional to physical over approximately 260, 520 and 780 days.’ 

To him, therefore, the stretch of time equating to two spins of the Tzolkin is an important transition of some kind; a pivotal period of transformation or initiation.

Today, 11 Jaguar, happens to be two spins of the Tzolkin since Laurence James Lucas, man of my heart and soul, beloved by me and loved by many, shrugged off his mortal coil and took flight to merge with the plasmic ocean of the cosmos. I still cannot fully take this in and I still cannot find a way to fully live my life without him.
 
Today also happens to be Full Moon (at exactly 19:56 HK time; 11.56pm UTC/GMT; 12.56pm BST), so the emotions and energies will be amped up.

Also today it happens to be my own solar return, in other words, my birthday in the Gregorian calendar.

And, on top of all this – and how he managed to work out in advance the synchronicities involved I will never know – I also happened to be born on a full moon, which according to research on Google is something that would reoccur at a ratio of 1:29.5. I assume (but am happy to be corrected!) this means every 29.5 years there will be a full moon on my birthday. So today is the second full-moon birthday since my birth, my second birthday since Laurence died, and the second spin of the Tzolkin since my life changed so inexorably.

Created by Carey

Although I have not had the time nor space – particularly given the limited energy levels that descended upon me after his death – to work on the process of daily journaling with the Daykeeper glyphs and number signs, I have been working on, editing, illustrating and posting Laurence’s daily Mayan Sacred Calendar blog, as I promised I would, as part of our plan to upgrade and refine the work he was putting out. The blog is only a very small, though crucial, part of that work.

At the end of two spins, I find that I have almost completed my work on one entire spin, going back day by day, timewave by timewave, to his first posts in 2009. He began this blog on 3 May 2009 (a 3 Reed aka Skywalker day), having by then already lived, breathed and integrated this calendrical system for nearly two decades, on a daily basis.

As you might imagine (or not!) this has been a relatively full time job for me, and I would now like to ask for help. I need feedback. For those of you who read it (for which, a huge thank you), is this blog of value to you? Would you like it to be continued? Is there another platform that would work better for you (daily email, Instagram link, making a specific Facebook Page, subscription service to the blog itself)? Any other suggestions or feedback (or encouragement!) gratefully accepted. Please either email me on ljl.lifechanges@yahoo.com (with ‘Feedback’ in the subject line) or PM me via Facebook.

Also, if anyone feels moved to support this blog by donating a small amount, either regularly or infrequently or just once, I would be immensely grateful for the help. I am in the process of getting a ‘button’ to add to the blog, but until then, you can use paypal.me/CareyVail, or if you prefer to use another medium, please email me on the above email address, with ‘Donate’ in the subject line, and I will provide bank details.

 
Laurence's beloved daughter Oceana's farewell tribute to her father,
painted soon after his passing

Meanwhile, my grief remains a tricky, slippery process – from unbelievable lassitude one moment, to gratitude the next for the time I did have, then tears, sobs, short bursts of energy, sleeplessness (always sleeplessness) and exhaustion; then brief moments of joy beginning to glimmer through, followed by a sense of such enormous loss that I fear I can’t breathe; then utter bewilderment, sometimes anger, despair, absolute confusion and feeling lost about ‘the future’, total panic about how to survive on the material plane; and finally, an occasional though ephemeral sense of acceptance, along with the clear knowledge that somehow, someway, I need to move through.

Not ‘on’, not ‘over’, but through. And I will move through, I know; I am moving through – but the shape of what is to come is nebulous and as yet unknowable.

Meanwhile, today being 11 Jaguar, I will stay alert; I will be awake to the subtle fluctuations in the environment; and I will call upon Jaguar to dissolve any and all negative unseen energies, so that I may stalk the doorway where new energy enters…

I would also like to say a big heartfelt thank you to everyone who showed such incredible love, care and support, then and throughout this time. Without the kindness of family, friends and strangers, I would not be where I am now.

Blessings and love to all,
Carey 


All photos of Laurence in this post are thanks to
our friend and fabulous photographer, André Eichman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment