Wednesday 14 October 2020

Five spins of the Tzolkin

Composite created by Carey

Today, Wednesday 14 October 2020 in the Gregorian calendar, is 11 Jaguar, which brings us to five spins of the Tzolkin (260 days x 5 spins = 1,300 days) since the passing of my beloved husband, best friend and love of my life, Laurence James Lucas, the author and creator of this blog.

Laurence first came across Aztec astrology, then the Mayan Sacred Calendar (the Tzolkin), in the early 1990s. He subsequently investigated, experienced, lived and breathed the Sacred Calendar day in, day out, for the next 30 years. His interpretation of the energy and texture of each of the 260 days of the Tzolkin is uniquely his – although he did absorb elements from the José Argüelles ‘Dreamspell’ version of the Maya calendar (which is a more New Age interpretation of the calendar), but far more from the traditional Mayan count, which is anchored in thousands of years of Daykeeping, giving it a much more grounded shamanic resonance.

Laurence also practiced his own form of shamanism on a daily basis for over three decades, and much of his deeper understanding of the Tzolkin came from his own shamanic ‘downloads’. Plus, as with everything else in his life, his wisdom and insights were informed and illuminated by his own profound astrological research – way beyond ‘classic astrology’, into what he termed ‘holospheric astrology’ – and, more pertinently, his own model of the Enchantments of Life, which maps the evolution of human consciousness and all that entails.

Those of you who know me, and/or who follow this blog, will know that I promised Laurence I would keep up his daily MSC blog, which I have done with full heart and love for him. I first posted just on this blog itself, then decided that to reach a wider audience I would also link it daily to my Facebook page (which is pretty much the only thing I use FB for!). Every morning, when I post the day’s inspirational message from LjL, I feel close to him; I know he is with me and that he is happy I am doing this. But it has been, and continues to be, a lot of time, work and energy…

I have to confess to being uncertain where to go with this now. I envisage myself continuing to post these daily messages, trying to make it better each time, for the rest of my days. But without Laurence here with me, to help guide the direction and expansion of this project (not to mention what I do with my own life) I am left feeling a little unsure…

It seems there is actually only a small number of people who read this – but those who do, I know, get a lot of support and nurturance from Laurence’s words. To each and every one of you, thank you so much for continuing to follow his blog, as it really means such a lot to know you are receiving this –­ not only on LjL’s behalf, but also on my own.

Blessings and love,

Carey

Photo thanks to André Eichman

 


4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thank you and Laurence for this work, but please don't feel there is an obligation to do a certain work, please follow your own desires by your means.

    Regards from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. My heart wants to honour my promise to Laurence; I will spend today digging deep inside and feeling what messages I get. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Carey,
    You and I don't know each other but I had 2 consultations with Laurence one in Nov of 2013 and the other in March 2014. I have read this blog every day since that point. It is a part of my daily ritual every morning and I have gotten much wisdom, insight and comfort from it throughout the years. Can I just say that your amazing and beautiful images you include add so much to Laurence's words

    I have always wanted to reach out to you since his passing but have never felt it was the right time or quite what to say. I always wanted to do his shamanic training course as well but never had the chance.

    I know this seems like a thankless effort and nobody cares, but I am sure that there are others like me that may not say so but depend on your efforts. Sorry for not saying so sooner. If you could please post your paypal address below I would be happy to acknowledge your efforts in some small way.

    Blessings,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff, thank you so much for your lovely message and very kind words. This really means such a lot to me. I really appreciate this. You can always reach me on Laurence's email address, which I also keep:
    And thank you also for this very kind offer. My paypal link is: paypal.me/CareyVail
    With every blessing to you, and heartfelt thanks, Carey

    ReplyDelete